3 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour Mgahinga Gorilla Park, 3 Days Uganda Safari, Cultural Community Tour & Scenic Views
3 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – SAFARI OVERVIEW.
3Days Gorilla Uganda Tour Mgahinga is a short 2 nights/3 day Gorilla trekking Uganda safari trip that will enable you to trek and see Mountain Gorillas in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, one of the beautiful Virunga ranges. This 3 day Uganda Gorilla tour safari to Mgahinga takes you through the gorilla trekking experience in three of the eight Virunga volcanoes namely Muhabura, Gahinga and Sabyinyo.
This 3 days Gorilla tour Uganda safari trip starts from Kampala or Entebbe cities in Uganda then you transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, an awesome journey marked by impressive rangelands with rolling savannah combretum before approaching the rolling hills of Kigezi that have earned it the title of the Switzerland of Africa as well as unique amazing community tours of the local communities as they go on with their daily lives in their local native traditional village settings, markets and communities. It is important to note that Gorilla trekking in Uganda`s Mgahinga is interesting and a different experience from trekking gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
3 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS.
- Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Day 2: Do gorilla trekking
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala
3 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – DETAILED SAFARI ITINERARY.
Day 1 of the 3 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour Mgahinga: Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
After breakfast at your place of stay in Kampala, embark on the drive to the southwest of Uganda Mgahinga National Park 519km about 10 hours drive. The drive will involve a stop at the equator 77km from Kampala for amazing water experiments that justifies the geographical divide of the north and southern hemispheres and a lunch stop at Igongo Cultural Center 12km to Mbarara town. The rangelands of Ankole and the impressive Kigezi highlands will give you amazing scenic views along your drive. You will arrive in Kisoro area in the evening for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: Volcanoes Mount Gahinga Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Mucha Hotel (Midrange/Standard) or Amajambere iwacu Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 2 of the 3 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour Mgahinga: Do gorilla trekking
After an early breakfast, gather at the park headquarters Ntebeko or on the Muhabura side depending on the location of gorillas for briefing at 8:00 am. After attending to a short briefing by a park ranger or warden, you will embark on the gorilla trekking encounter that will involve hiking the steep slopes of the volcanoes traversing the densely forested landscape walking along narrow gorges before coming across the frightening mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. You have one full hour to maximize your experience with gorillas after which you will embark on descending to the starting point. The gorilla trekking activity ranges between 2 – 8 hours. Retire for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation:You will have dinner and overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 3 of the 3 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour Mgahinga: Transfer back to Kampala
After breakfast, embark on the transfer back to Kampala with a lunch stop at Igongo Cultural Center and another stop at Mpambire Drum making village to witness the traditional art of drum making before continuing to arrive in Kampala in the evening.
End of the 3 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour Mgahinga
Your Safari Route
Tourists Attractions in Uganda
General Safari Inclusions
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)